A fire broke out on the Bishkek-Osh road section some 150 meters away from the state border line in Nooken district of Jalal-Abad region.
The fire was extinguished by the border guards and fire departments of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the Ministry said.
According to the State Border Service, the fire broke out because of a cigarette end, thrown out of a car. The reeds easily caught fire, the statement said.
The border guards spotted the fire first and immediately run to extinguish, the statement said. "Firefighter service also arrived to the scene,” said chief of the frontier outpost "Shamaldy-Sai" senior lieutenant Tolomush uulu Jyrgalbek.
As a result of a fire 0.15 hectares of the open area of dry grass were burnt, the Ministry of Emergency Situations said.
Original url : akipress.com